Shining Light Education Fund (SLEF)
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Romans 10: 13 – 15 (KJV)
About the SLEF
- Shining Light Education Fund (SLEF) seeks to provide holistic education support for children of missionaries across West Africa.
- The aim is to design and implement sustainable missionary support initiatives that are primarily focused on children of missionaries and secondarily on the family and community transformation.
- The objective is to work side-by-side with missionary families and education providers to support and promote quality education for children that will ignite the light of God within them.
- Missionaries are at the forefront of kingdom expansion.
- To support missionaries so that they focus on ministry.
- To ensure that children of missionaries, do not ‘pay-the-price’ for their parents’ sacrifice and calling.
- To raise the next generation of missionaries.
School Fees and Resources
- Target Group: Children of missionaries
- Target Classes: Primary 1 to SSS 3
- Amount: N100,000 per annum (Primary)
N120,000 per annum for (Secondary)
- Offering: Tuition, Books and stationery, Uniforms and other direct academic supplies
Individualised Learning Support
- A Learning Support Officer (LSO) is assigned to each child to monitor his/her progress throughout their lifecycle with SLEF.
- The role of the LSO is to monitor and ensure that the child is learning and developing holistically.
- The LSO is also responsible for guiding learners to set personal academic and other targets.
- The LSO also recommends learning intervention for a child, when it is required.
- It is also the duty of the LSO to nurture the giftedness of every child.
Hands on Skills Acquisition
- Every beneficiary of SLEF will be empowered to learn a skill as part of their development.
- The aim is to equip them to be financially independent, when required.
- Skill acquisition will also ignite an entrepreneurial spirit in the children at an early age.
Summer Transformation Programme
- The Summer Transformation programme is an annual event, where all the children that are supported on SLEF, are camped for intensive 2 weeks.
- During the period, the children learn about;
- Their relationship and walk with God
- Non-curricula areas – Collaboration, Public speaking, Creativity, Patrotism
- Accommodation, Feeding and all related expenses will be catered for.
- The conditions for selection of missionaries would be stated clearly
- An entrance examination to determine the current level of each child will be conducted (this examination is not for selection but tracking progress).
- 2 children per family
- All fees are made directly to the school
- SLEF to identify good schools in each LGA within the budget and work out partnership opportunities
- N120,000 will be budgeted for each child, as direct school costs
- Award and recognition of excellence in children in all developmental areas will be carried out.
We will be glad to hear from you
- Phone Number: *234 805 584 0228
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.shininglightkingdombuilders.org
- Social media: Shining Light Education Fund